Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Steampunk Pirates - Workshop in ImagineFX 92


As the issue 92 of the super awesome ImagineFX magazine hit the shelves today, I got permission from the publisher to show a little sneak peak of the workshop I have done for it.
As its a steampunk themed issue, I made a mood concept in that style, but tried to put a bit of a twist in it. It was great to have a bit of a break from my usual style and do a bit more cartoony stuff. :)
Make sure you pick up the mag to check out how I painted the image (there is also a process vid with commentary on the dvd) and to see all the other awesomeness.
Higher res image, more details and close-ups are coming as soon as I get the green light...
 ...and just to make sure you pick up the right mag, here is the cover:

3 comments:

  1. YEAAAAH!!! lol our boy Mark's on a magazine! lol you should make a Mark Molnar's Sketch Book :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing smaller Q&A articles for ImagineFX for nearly a year now, but this was my first full length workshop. Learned heaps and I hope I am going to have a chance to do another one soon. :)
    Actually I am planning to put together a sketchbook, its just hard to find time... I don`t think anyone would buy it though lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha id buy it support our fellow artists!

    ReplyDelete